And you thought the Wizard’s Collection was expensive.
EW reports that the studio is releasing Harry Potter: Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (never mind that I’m pretty sure can’t have two colons in the same title). The eight-volume collection is designed to resemble a bookshelf at Hogwarts; “Six of the books focus on the workings of the creative departments behind the films — wardrobe, props, special effects, and the like — while the seventh is a commemorative keepsake offering an intimate look at the relationships that developed between the cast and crew over the decade it took to produce all eight films. But the best part by far is the eighth book: a scale replica of The Monster Book of Monsters (don’t worry, it doesn’t bite — I hope).” I have no idea how that’s worth $1,000.
But maybe it’s worth $600? The set is currently 40% off at Amazon, and you can click here to pre-order it. The set is limited to 3,000 editions worldwide, and will be released on December 4th. Hit the jump to check out the trailer.
Here’s a list of the extras:
• A cloth-covered case, styled to look like a shelf from a shop in Diagon Alley
• A cloth-bound edition of Harry Potter: Page to Screen
• Seven additional volumes detailing theHarry Potter creative team’s ten years of extensive efforts:
* The Creature Shop Compendium: Flora and Fauna from the Harry Potter Films
* Environments Envisioned: Building Fantastic Sets and Scouting Dramatic Locations
* A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
* Movie Magic: Practical Props and Exciting Effects
* The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
* Ten Years Later: Life on Set with the Harry Potter Cast and Crew
* Wizard Wear and Muggle Attire: Costuming the World of Harry Potter
• A replica of The Monster Book of Monsters film prop
• A gilded portfolio of five frame-able prints of original Harry Potter concept art