On a scale of 1-10, what did you think of the actors’ portrayals of the characters?
Average score: 6.6
- Chloe Grace Moretz is exactly what I imagined Cassie as. – Leslie
- Chloe Grace Moretz really seemed to understand her character, and played Cassie so well. – Molly
- The actors were really genuine about expressions throughout the whole movie. – Jia
- They portrayed them decently, though some scenes felt over-acted. – Nat
On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate the movie’s likeness/faithfulness to the book?
Average score: 7
- The flow of the story remained the same, with plot points left out. – Leslie
- Though they stuck pretty close to the plot of the book, some of the artistry of the book was lost as the movie tried to be too ‘typical YA’ which made it less meaningful and influential than the book. – Molly
- I couldn’t remember everything from the book, but I do know some major moments were in the movie. – Nat
What scene in the book did you wish was in the movie, if any?
- I wish the movie had shown Cassie’s father’s death scene as it had played out in the book. – Leslie
- When Cassie found out that Evan was an alien. – Molly
- It might’ve been too disturbing, but when Sam (I think it’s Sam) finds out about the bodies.
What did you like about the movie that was different from the book?
- I can’t recall anything that wasn’t part of the book.
What were your favorite scenes in the movie?
- I loved the scene where Cassie and Evan break into the Base. – Leslie
- When Cassie infiltrated the base. – Molly
- The teddy bear, how it’s a link, sort of bond for Cassie and her brother. – Jia