On a scale of 1-10, what did you think of the actors’ portrayals of the characters?
Average score: 5.6
- This was the third installment of the Divergent series so the actor have really embraced their characters at this point. – Leslie
- The actors portrayed their characters very well, but they could not save this sinking ship. Shailene Woodley and Theo James clearly understood their characters and their motivations, which made this movie a little better. – Molly
- I think that the actors did the best they could do with the material that they were given. However, I didn’t necessarily like the portrayals of any of these characters. – Halee
- The main actors were okay, but some of the supporting ones seemed like they were “calling it in,” including Jeff Daniels. – Nat
On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate the movie’s likeness/faithfulness to the book?
Average score: 2
- Allegiant veered way off course from the source material, but I was interested in the path the movie had taken. – Leslie
- Tris didn’t even die, how could you say it’s loyal to the book. – Simon
- The movie strayed heavily from the book, in an effort to make it look more interesting and more ‘sci-fi’ like, but it just made the movie seem cheesy and fake. – Molly
- This was an absolutely abysmal adaptation. Neither the characters or the stories kept the essence of the books. – Halee
- They definitely veered away from the book with the last one and kept going on their own from there. – Nat
What scene in the book did you wish was in the movie, if any?
- Tris dying – Simon
- The beginning of the book when the characters were in Erudite and Tris was on trial. – Molly
- It’s hard for me to say which scenes from the book should be in the movie. At this point, the two different representations seem incompatible. – Halee
- I really don’t remember what was in the book anymore. – Nat
What did you like about the movie that was different from the book?
- I liked the high-tech aspects of Natalie Prior’s journal. In the movie, her journal allows Tris to experience her memories through Natalie’s eyes. – Leslie
- I really loved the incorporation of all the different types of technology. – Halee
- The inclusion of Matthew. He was an interesting character, and actor Bill Skarsgard is very talented and played the character nicely. – Nat
What were your favorite scenes in the movie?
- I enjoyed the ending with Tris, Caleb, and Christina escaping in David’s airship and return to Chicago. – Leslie
- Nothing really. – Halee
- If I were to pick a favorite, it’d probably be the fight scene on the ship with Four and Matthew against the others. – Nat