On a scale of 1-10, what did you think of the actors’ portrayals of the characters?
Average score: 8
- Emma Roberts and Dave Franco definitely had fun in this adventurous thriller! Their characters felt real and the chemistry felt genuine. My only major characters complaint was Sydney, who came off a little TOO over-the-top to ever have been Vee’s bestie. Everyone else meshed well and overall, I was happy. – Kait
On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate the movie’s likeness/faithfulness to the book?
Average score: 4
- The movie messed with character backstories a lot, though I didn’t particularly mind that. I feel the new backstories added more tension and thrills. I was a little more bothered that the movie changed the way the game was played– who called the shots, the rewards, and how it all ended. – Kait
- Totally different from the book. – Simon
What scene in the book did you wish was in the movie, if any?
- Rather than a deceased brother making Vee’s mom anxious to keep her safe, I think Vee’s original garage incident would have fit well and helped frame the character. Also, what was wrong with the characters being theater kids?! – Kait
What did you like about the movie that was different from the book?
- I think the change in backstories and the added desperation of the game made me more invested in the characters and the turnout. – Kait
What were your favorite scenes in the movie?
- Vee and Ian escape the store, Vee confronts Sydney and takes her dare. – Kait
- Act three of the movie. – Simon