On a scale of 1-10, what did you think of the actors’ portrayals of the characters?
Average score: 7.66
- The characters were great (kudos to Tim Burton). I didn’t gave it a ten because it still bums me that they switched Emma and Olive. – Simon
- The characters’ personalities were different from their personalities in the books, but the actors did a most brilliant job portraying the characters! – Jia
- I imagined Miss Peregrine to be much older, but Eva Green was wonderfully convincing. – Nat
On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate the movie’s likeness/faithfulness to the book?
Average score: 6.33
- The ending speaks for itself. – Simon
- It’s an adaptation, so it wasn’t really like the book, but the book was used as a base, and it was adapted most beautifully. – Jia
- Some things were changed, but overall, the main premise was there. – Nat
What scene in the book did you wish was in the movie, if any?
- The other two books. – Simon
- None. – Jia
- Honestly, I can’t remember, and what I do remember is that it took a long time for me to get through the book. Essentially, I found the movie more entertaining to me than the book anyway, hence I don’t remember is there’s a scene from the book that I would’ve loved to see in the movie. – Nat
What did you like about the movie that was different from the book?
- The awkward romance. – Simon
- The ending – the part where Jacob goes through many different loops to find Emma again! – Jia
- I enjoyed the battle scene near the end along with the rest of the finale. – Nat
What were your favorite scenes in the movie?
- The fight scene in act three. – Simon
- The ending as said above, and I think it may be everything that was different from the book… yikes. – Jia
- Almost every scene that Eva Green is in. – Nat