Check out Teen Vogue’s list of five things we should know about Ansel Elgort! As we know, he is currently filming Divergent now and has been cast as Augustus in the upcoming adaptation of John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars — so it’s probably a good idea to get to know this rising star better!
- He’s an off-Broadway alum. When he was still in high school, Ansel starred on the stage in Regrets with Alexis Bledel. He attended LaGuardia—because of course he did!—where other notable graduates include everyone from Al Pacino to Nicki Minaj.
- He’s making his big-screen debut in Carrie. Ansel plays the school heartthrob slash swoon-worthy, albeit blood-covered, prom king in the horror reboot with Chloë Moretz.
- He’s starring in another important YA movie adaptation. Divergent, based on the dystopian bestseller, also features The Fault in Our Stars actress Shailene Woodley along with Miles Teller and Zoë Kravitz.
- He’s a trained ballet dancer. Ansel spent years taking lessons from the esteemed coach who trained Natalie Portman for Black Swan. He’s also a talented tap-dancer who once performed at the CFDA Awards. When he’s not busting a move (or acting on screen, or acting on the stage, or just hanging with friends because he is a teenager), he plays the piano and writes songs. In short, there’s nothing this kid can’t do.
- He’s modeled for Teen Vogue. In case you’re not convinced he can do everything, Ansel was shot by his famous fashion photog father, Arthur Elgort, in the April 2009 issue and managed to make baggy farmboy overalls look impossibly dapper. Just imagine how dreamy he’ll look on the red carpet!