Not only has Cassandra Clare released the chapter titles for QUEEN OF AIR AND DARKNESS, she answers some fan questions.
In lieu of an snippet from Queen of Air and Darkness, Cassandra Clare has given us a different kind of treat – in the form of the chapter titles, which she reveals are phrases taken from poet Edgar Allan Poe’s The City in the Sea. This falls in line with the chapter titles from Lady Midnight and Lord of Shadows, which were phrases taken from Poe’s other poems.
Cassie also took the time to answer fan questions relating to the book, and here are some of what we’ve learned:
- Queen of Air and Darkness is 893 pages long, including the sequel to A Long Conversation.
- There will be more interactions between Kit Herondale and Jace Herondale.
- Kit does NOT have the scar that Jace (or Will Herondale) as Kit descends from the lost Herondale line of Tobias Herondale.
- Helen and Aline will be more present in the book as they will be taking over the Los Angeles Institute, and Helen will have a point of view.
- Kieran has interactions with Helen and Diego Rosales this time around.
- There is no chance of a future for Cristina and Diego.
- Maia and Bat will make an appearance. We miss them!
- The time span of the events of the book is about 2 weeks long, as the epilogue takes place at that time.
Pre-order Queen of Air and Darkness: