There will be both onsite and offsite areas for Game of Thrones fans to visit, including the Hall of Faces.
GAME OF THRONES PANEL AND Q&A SESSION
The panel for Game of Thrones will be held on Friday from 2:15pm to 3:15pm in the massive Hall H. Friday is a big day as The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead also take place that day. If you want any chance of being in there for this panel, you should line up for Hall H the night before to nab a wristband, which gives you a likelier chance of getting in.
Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, HBO’s Emmy and Golden Globe-winning series Game of Thrones concluded its 10-episode sixth season in June and will begin filming its seventh season later this year. The series, executive produced and written by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, is an epic story of treachery and nobility, set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years. Cast panelists include (in alphabetical order) John Bradley as Samwell Tarly, Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth,Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei, Conleth Hill as Varys, Faye Marsay as The Waif,Hannah Murray as Gilly, Kristian Nairn as Hodor, Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Bolton,Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark, and Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark. Moderated by Rob McElhenney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia).
THE HALL OF FACES EXPERIENCE
This offsite event will be held offsite at 682 L Street, across the street from the tall Omni Hotel. The hours of operation are as follows: Thursday July 21st – Saturday, July 23rd from 11:00am – 5:00pm, and Sunday, July 24th 10:30am − 2:00pm
It is a first-come, first-serve line, and the first 500 attendees for each day will be gifted with a free Funko Pop! Figure and a “Beautiful Death” poster created exclusively for Comic Con by artist Robert Ball.
You can also get your picture taken to have it rendered in their Hall of Faces and have it displayed onto one of the towers there. You’ll be able to print your portrait there and also share it on social media.
Other activities you’ll be able to do there are as follows:
- Claim your seat on the Iron Throne
- Pose with Arya’s sword, Needle
- Look into Melisandre’s Flames, which will feature OC Dream hologram technology
- Check out the costumes Arya, Jaqen H’ghar and the Waif
- The new Game of Thrones jewelry line DragonStorm will be displayed all weekend
You can be one of the winners of a prize pack worth about $200 if you complete the Game of Thrones Scavenger Hunt in time. HBO originally had the deadline for completion to be at 2pm PDT on Saturday, July 23rd, but has allowed 3 extra hours for fans to finish.
Here’s what you have to do to do be entered (thanks to IGN for the info):
- Post a photo of yourself in front of the MEY for Game of Thrones jewelry display case inside the Hall of Faces Experience, located across from the Omni Hotel on L Street in the Gaslamp District. (Please note that the entry line forms early each morning.) Created in a partnership with GoT costume designer Michele Calpton and jewelry brand Yunus & Eliza, The MEY for Game of Thrones collection features jewelry seen on and inspired by the hit series.
- Post a photo of yourself wearing (or with someone wearing) The Night King mask at CFX Booth #2944. The new silicone mask allows you to convincingly pretend you’re the king of the White Walkers.
- Post a photo of yourself with The Night King Bust (Metallic Silver) at Dark Horse Booth #2615. The 8-3/4 inches tall bust is modeled after how the Night King challenged Jon Snow and the retreating Night’s Watch army at Hardhome, and is available in a limited edition of 200.
- Post a photo of yourself wearing the The Royal Crown of King Robert Baratheon at Factory Entertainment Booth #2647, a 1:1 scale replica sold in solid metal and hand-finished with a gold effect metal and reproduction gemstones. The replica includes a specially designed iron sword motif display stand that allows the replica to rest on the hilts of four swords.
- Post a photo of yourself with a Game of Thrones Sigil Stationery Set at Insight Editions Booth #1703. The deluxe stationary sets are themed to House Stark, House Lannister and House Targaryen.
- FINAL CHALLENGE: Once all photos have been posted to Twitter using #GoTScavengerHunt, line up at USAopoly’s CLUE: Game of Thrones Booth#1017 at 11 a.m. Saturday morning. The first 15 fans in line who have completed all previous challenges and who post a final photo of themselves with the CLUE: Game of Thrones Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack will win a SDCC Game of Thrones Prize Pack.
Some of the exclusives were listed as part of the Scavenger Hunt, but here’s the whole list of them:
Funko Booth 5341
- Mag the Mighty Funko Pop! oversized 6″ figure
- Dorbz Three-Pack (White Walker, The Hound, Joffrey)
Dark Horse Booth 2615
- The Night King Bust Silver Edition at 8.5″. $150
Factory Entertainment Booth 2647
- Direwolf Cub 6-inch Plush Box Set (Shaggydog, Lady, and Summer). $30
USAopoly Booth 1017
- CLUE: Game of Thrones Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack, which includes two new character cards for Oberyn Martell and Barristan Selmy and power cards; six gold weapons: Poison Vial, Battle Axe, Arakh, Faceless Man Coin, Crossbow, Catspaw Assassin Dagger; and a custom scoring pad. $19.95
If you’re into art, you probably find a jewel or two of Game of Thrones authentic art, including one from Patrick Ballesteros, titled “Who’s Door?“