2) LOVE, SIMON
Based on Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- YESSSSSS! I love love love both the book and the film! I think the way they portrayed a coming out story – even when you have accepting parents – was so raw, and so important. The film also mixed in a lot of humor in all the right moments. So the film had both comedic and dramatic elements. This might be my favorite adaptation of all time.
– Miranda @HNewsSource
- This movie was an absolute joy to watch. Not only did it present a gay story with the authenticity of a traditional, well-done teen rom-com, but it presented an extremely likable protagonist, celebrated its characters, and mixed in some witty quips that really resonated. – Adam, The Fandom
- Simon Spier is my favorite little cinnamon roll, and his on-screen appearance was just as endearing as it was in the novel! Thanks to a great premise and a stellar cast, Simon is an emotional, funny, and ultimately hopeful story for anyone who simply wants to be accepted for who they are (which is to say, all of us). Watching this movie will instantly make your day. – Kait, The Fandom
- Love, Simon had the same funny, tender, and beautiful essence of the book, and although I still very much prefer the book, I think the movie adaptation really honors Becky Albertalli’s story. – Carolina, The Fandom
- Can I rate it 12 out of 10?! This book is adorable, this movie is adorable. Everything is everything. All the warm, fuzzy emotions I got from the book, I also got from the movie. I saw this one in the theater multiple times. – Flo, Book Nerds Across America @booknerdsblog