Kylo Ren stands front and center on magazine cover with massive preview coming soon!
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is taking over the “intergalactic” fall movie preview issue of Entertainment Weekly, which features Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) with his crossguard lightsaber and promises new secrets from this film!
- Here are some questions EW says they’ll answer in their interview with JJ Abrams about the film:
Before signing on to direct, what was the question Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy asked Abrams about the galaxy that made him decide he had to know the answer, even if it meant devising it himself?
- Who is Adam Driver’s villainous wielder of the crossguard-lightsaber? What is his relationship with Darth Vader … and is Kylo Ren his original name?
- What was it like on Harrison Ford’s first day back on the clock as Han Solo, when he finally set foot back on the Millennium Falcon after three decades?
- From whom (or what) does Daisy Ridley’s character Rey rescue the ball-droid BB-8 amid the desolate sands of Jakku?
- Which cult-horror movie inspired one of the main characters, and what cuddly child’s toy led to the name of another?
- What are the odds Abrams may come back for Episode IX?
One question, regarding Kylo Ren’s name, was already touched upon in a recent teaser piece:
Remember how we eventually learned that “Darth” is not a first name, but a kind of title? It appears the surname “Ren” is something similar.
“He is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren,” Abrams says. But that’s as far as the writer-director will go.
Abrams also spoke to the magazine at length about how he ended up joining the project after initially rejecting the offer from the head of LucasFilm, Kathleen Kennedy, and how the story came together.
Until Friday, we’ll only have tidbits here and there. When the issue hits, it’ll include a massive Star Wars feature as well as intel on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 and Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.