Fans of Jenny Han’s To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before book and movie trilogy may be excited to learn about this spinoff series, with the focus on Lara Jean’s sassy little sister, Kitty Song Covey.
Yes, Kitty becomes the focus on the spinoff series of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and it’s starring the one who’s already played the sassy little sister/matchmaker, Anna Cathcart.
Here are the details from Netflix, along with the tweet from the TATBILB account:
- Netflix today announced it has picked up the new Y/A series XO, Kitty, a spinoff inspired by the popular To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before film franchise and New York Times best-selling book series by Jenny Han.
- Logline: Teen matchmaker Kitty Song Covey thinks she knows everything there is to know about love. But when she moves halfway across the world to reunite with her long-distance boyfriend, she’ll soon realize that relationships are a lot more complicated when it’s your own heart on the line.
- Format / Episodes: Dramedy; (10) 30-minute episodes
- Starring: Anna Cathcart (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before film franchise)
- Co-Showrunners: Jenny Han (Creator), Sascha Rothchild
- Executive Producers: Jenny Han, Sascha Rothchild, Matt Kaplan of ACE Entertainment
- Studio: Awesomeness Studios
- The pilot was co-written by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian.
We definitely enjoyed the book trilogy brought to live action through Netflix, and with its success, we’re hoping for more of the same with XO, Kitty, especially since TATBILB author will continue to be involved.
What do you all think?