The 4th annual Southern California YA book event that is known as YALLWest revealed their author line-up, which welcomes both first time and returning authors.
Yallfest’s sister festival, Yallwest, which takes place at Santa Monica High School in Los Angeles, California, will be held on Star Wars Day, May the 4th. With that comes Fierce Friday the evening before, which takes place in the nearby Santa Monica Public Library. Both Friday and Saturday will give readers a chance to meet some of their favorite YA authors and have them sign books, as well as have some book-related fun through panels, photo ops, and plenty of opportunities for fan-participation. Plus… food trucks!
Of course, all of us have been waiting to see which authors will be present at this year’s big festival, and now the line-up was finally released, and we’re excited not only to see a bunch of returning faces, but a bunch of new writers as well.
Check out some of the authors we’re going to get to meet:
- Tomi Adeyemi (Children of Blood & Bone, Children of Virture and Vengeance)
- Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Legacy, The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding)
- Jessica Brody (Sky Without Stars, The Geography of Lost Things)
- Mary H.K. Choi (Emergency Contact)
- Ally Condie (The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe, Summerlost)
- Somaiya Daud (Mirage)
- Susan Dennard (Bloodwitch, Truthwitch)
- Maurene Goo (Somewhere Only We Know, The Way You Makes Me Feel)
- Jay Kristoff (Aurora Rising, Dev1at3)
- Tahereh Mafi (Defy Me, A Very Large Expanse of the Sea)
- Matt Mendez (Barely Missing Everything)
- Sandhya Menon (There’s Something About Sweetie, From Twinkle With Love)
- Natasha Ngan (Girls of Paper and Fire)
- Tochi Onyebuchi (Crown of Thunder, Beasts Made of Night)
- Veronica Roth (The End and Other Beginnings, Carve the Mark)
- Victoria Schwab (Tunnel of Bones, The Steel Prince)
- Angie Thomas (On the Come Up, The Hate U Give)
- Kiersten White (Slayer, Bright We Burn)
- David Yoon (Frankly in Love)
- Mimi Yu (The Girl King)
Check the YallWest site for the complete list of authors set to appear.
The event is free, though the keynote panels may charge a small fee, as done so in previous years. We’ll let you know when the details are posted about that.
They are looking for volunteers as well, so if you live in the L.A. area, now would be a good time to sign up right here.